By: Joseph Andersen


I have a lovely little terrier who likes to rub her back on the Persian rug. She looks so cute with all four legs in the air doing this squirmy dance. The problem is that she leaves behind a film of barely visible hair that seems to make all the colors in the rug look faded and vaguely dirty.

It used to be that every Friday morning; I would haul out the vacuum cleaner and go over the Persian carpet again and again trying to get the hair untangled from the carpet pile by suction alone. I'd get some of it off, but when I looked closely, I saw that there was still quite a bit of dog hair left. Then, I would rub my hand back and forth over the surface of the rug, forcing the hair to roll into clumps. That worked but was extremely time consuming, hard, and dirty work. I needed a better way to lift the dog hair off the carpet.

My next attempt was a stiff upholstery brush. That worked a little better, but I was afraid that the bristles in the brush would split the wool and hurt the carpet pile.

Next, I tried a dry sponge. That was effective but the hair kept getting into all the little holes in the sponge, so I had to clean both the sponge and the carpet. On top of that, I was getting a sore back.

One day, I found the solution. As I was staring at the sponge thinking about what it was that made it work, I realized that it was the rubbery surface that was grabbing onto the hairs and literally dragging them out of the carpet – just like a rubber band in a pony tail grabs onto the hair and doesn't let go. (If you've ever tried to remove an elastic band from a pony tail, you know you have to lift it off the hair because trying to slide it off pulls the hair right out by its roots!)

So, I started looking for other rubbery items to use that would be effective at cleaning the rugs but less work than the sponge.

Well, I found it! I don't want to keep you in suspense any longer.

THE SOLUTION IS CROCS.

No more crawling on my hands and knees. I just put on my crocs and take a spin across the carpet as if I'm gliding across a skating rink. Each step and glide rolls those little dog hairs into clumps that the vacuum can suck up easily. In fact, if I simply glide backwards holding onto the vacuum, I can do it all in one pass!

So put on your crocs and shuffle off to Buffalo all over your pile carpet. It's amazing. No bending. No struggling. No going over and over the same square foot of carpet.

Your carpet will look like new and from now on you can watch your dog scratch her back on the carpet with a smile on your face!

Enjoy our carpet cleaning guide today! Find the answers to all your carpet cleaning questions at one place. Let our experts do what they know best – bring you honest and reliable information about carpet cleaning services, practical carpet cleaning tips and other common cleaning related issues.

Article Source: http://www.ArticleBiz.com

0 comments